My Addiction and Recovery Story - Coming Back From Rock Bottom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Addiction and Recovery Story - Coming Back From Rock Bottom

So my shit started with back surgery. Had never seen drugs in my life and surely never dreamed that I would ever use them. So innocently I took my morphine because it made me feel like superman and I could go outside and play with my 3 year old son like a dad should. I was able to hold down my career and since I knew a guy that got 150 of the same pills I did and he didn't take his, the $ 150 seemed like a small price to pay to be pain free, so the extra pills every month would enable me to continue doing everything I was used to doing even though the Drs. said I was actually in pretty bad shape. Fast forward to about the 8th year on meds and 2 additional back surgeries, morphine, fentanyl, 15's and neurontin seemed to barely help me get out of bed at this point. When the Dr. wanted to operate again and I refused who would have thought that the Dr. would cut me off cold turkey. No Dr. would take me on as a patient at this point, because I was strictly a pain meds patient. Everything under the sun had been injected into my back and every procedure known to man had been done. So 3 days later, I wanted to die I knew what withdrawal was, but this was ungodly. Somebody kill me please! Heroine seemed to be a temporary fix until I could figure something else out. Oh my God where has this been all of my life? I am normal again! This is pain free with a bonus...euphoria! So now I'm strung out and realizing heroine is not the friend I thought it was. I have a new full time job....feeding my addiction. Wake up in a cell puking and shaking.God please turn that light out! Oww, my head, my body...try to sleep. Hey junkie, you alive? Get up for court. I catch no break in court because I've been in trouble before and even though it's been 13 years and it's my first run in with drugs I get 6 1/2 yrs. anyway for both charges. Okay, okay, I did the substance abuse program during my 15 months in and they are going to let me go. Four months in halfway house and I've got S.A.P. and the 12 steps under my belt, this should be easy. I have changed so much and I have my own recovery site that is really good therapy for me and I am helping so many. Shit goes down at York St.and my dumb ass dips out with a 25 year old woman from Cincy . Four hours later....I'm dead to the world, I should have never let her fix me a shot after 19 months clean. Released from the hospital and on the run from the U.S. Marshals ( 9 cities,6 counties and 2 states) I lived like a rock star. Twelve months, 15 women, $9600 later, it's time to pay the piper. Do 18 more months in prison, get out, 52. days later....I'm doing great. Happier than I have ever been and have more than I ever have had in life. Life is good and you can get it all back too. You just have to decide what you're going to do once you've hit rock bottom!!!!

Originally posted by RichMike View Post
    So my shit started with back surgery. Had never seen drugs in my life and surely never dreamed that I would ever use them. So innocently I took my morphine because it made me feel like superman and I could go outside and play with my 3 year old son like a dad should. I was able to hold down my career and since I knew a guy that got 150 of the same pills I did and he didn't take his, the $ 150 seemed like a small price to pay to be pain free, so the extra pills every month would enable me to continue doing everything I was used to doing even though the Drs. said I was actually in pretty bad shape. Fast forward to about the 8th year on meds and 2 additional back surgeries, morphine, fentanyl, 15's and neurontin seemed to barely help me get out of bed at this point. When the Dr. wanted to operate again and I refused who would have thought that the Dr. would cut me off cold turkey. No Dr. would take me on as a patient at this point, because I was strictly a pain meds patient. Everything under the sun had been injected into my back and every procedure known to man had been done. So 3 days later, I wanted to die I knew what withdrawal was, but this was ungodly. Somebody kill me please! Heroine seemed to be a temporary fix until I could figure something else out. Oh my God where has this been all of my life? I am normal again! This is pain free with a bonus...euphoria! So now I'm strung out and realizing heroine is not the friend I thought it was. I have a new full time job....feeding my addiction. Wake up in a cell puking and shaking.God please turn that light out! Oww, my head, my body...try to sleep. Hey junkie, you alive? Get up for court. I catch no break in court because I've been in trouble before and even though it's been 13 years and it's my first run in with drugs I get 6 1/2 yrs. anyway for both charges. Okay, okay, I did the substance abuse program during my 15 months in and they are going to let me go. Four months in halfway house and I've got S.A.P. and the 12 steps under my belt, this should be easy. I have changed so much and I have my own recovery site that is really good therapy for me and I am helping so many. Shit goes down at York St.and my dumb ass dips out with a 25 year old woman from Cincy . Four hours later....I'm dead to the world, I should have never let her fix me a shot after 19 months clean. Released from the hospital and on the run from the U.S. Marshals ( 9 cities,6 counties and 2 states) I lived like a rock star. Twelve months, 15 women, $9600 later, it's time to pay the piper. Do 18 more months in prison, get out, 52. days later....I'm doing great. Happier than I have ever been and have more than I ever have had in life. Life is good and you can get it all back too. You just have to decide what you're going to do once you've hit rock bottom!!!!
    Hi. You are the person I need to. Can you help me please

Comment

RichMike, Congrats on your clean time. You are absolutely right. Thank you so much for posting your experience, strength, and hope here. We need as much of that as we can get.

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
      X