First days of recovery.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First days of recovery.

I am new in recovery again, but this time, from pill addiction. I am on day two of no opiates, and about 6wks clean from benzodiazepines. I had been taking right at 5mg of methadone (I decreased to this from 10-15mgs a day prior) and on Saturday night I asked God to help me to not take anything, anymore. So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be, thankfully. I don't really know what all to say. I'm nervous and I'm tired, my eyes burn from crying. I am trying to save my relationship with a lot of people, including my highschool sweetheart. He is recovering from meth addiction and really wanted to see me clean. Currently, he can't (or won't) talk to me for safety reasons and I'm trying really hard to be understanding of it but I still break down and text him, hoping he will reply. I want to be sober not only for myself, but for my biological son, his son who is like my own and for him. Both of us grew up with drug addicted parents. It is hard because I live with my mom who is on the methadone program and was also how I got the methadone..she always called it my "daily courage"...I know that it's wrong of her to have done that and I'm not for sure where to go from here. I stay hopeful that God will guide me. My biological sons dad also lives here and he is actively addicted to pills. It gets to be very hard to be around him because our whole relationship was influenced by drugs. I'm really hoping to gain some insight, and mostly, to stay clean. I believe I can do this but I don't know how to go about dealing with my mom and sons dad.. Every time I say something it turns into me being a nag and having a "holier than thou" attitude. I'm sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, my brain is still adjusting & I don't really have anyone that I can talk to. God bless you all.

Day 3 by the Grace of God! Amen!

Comment

Silentnomore,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and what you are going through right now. Congratulations for making it day three without any opioids or drugs.

That said, I do see that you said that you were taking methadone, were you add an actual clinic? And you said you went from 10 to 15 mg down to five and then I’m taking it now that you’re off of everything. I don’t want to scare you because one could argue that it could be mind over matter, so don’t let anything I say convince you otherwise… But, when you come off of methadone quickly, you may not feel anything for multiple days and then all of a sudden it hits you. It might take 5 to 7 days for you to begin feeling it may last a while it’s not send it to me as severe as heroin withdrawal meaning should not get sick, but, the symptoms last longer. That said, if you were not taking methadone daily, it may be different especially if you were doing methadone one day and pills another day, etc. Sounds like you were getting methadone from your mom rather than at an actual clinic?

Perhaps you can break things down for us a little bit more so we can have a better understanding of what’s going on. Being three days clean off of everything is great, but if you were taking a lot of methadone, it’s possible that withdrawal from it may still be ahead if you have tapered off very quickly and we’re taking a lot of it previously.

Now I do want to give you some encouraging words, even if you do start experiencing some methadone withdrawal, I know I have spoken to a few people who have literally dropped off and stopped taking methadone at 130 mg and went cold turkey. Yes, they did experience about 30 days of pain and discomfort but they stuck it out and got through it and have been clean ever since. So it’s definitely possible that you can do it even if you do experience withdrawal from methadone.

Please do keep us posted, if you do start experiencing any withdrawal, there may be some things you can do naturally to help reduce it.

Peace and love,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Silentnomore,

How are you making out? How are you feeling?

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

11 days! I'm definitely going through withdrawal. But, I feel better than I did 2wks ago when I was using. Don't get me wrong, the detox sucks. I don't ever wanna go through this again.
          To clarify, yes, my mom was the one giving me the methadone. No, I never was on the clinic. I will post again as soon as I get a free minute!!

Comment

SilentNoMore,

11 Days, that's terrific! I'm sorry you are experiencing a little bit of withdrawal but hopefully it's not too bad. But think of it this way. If you can make it 11 days, you can make it. Just keep on going. You can do it, I have faith in you. The first week is the hardest for sure although methadone withdrawal can last a little while. But I encourage you to keep on going. You've got this!

How are you feeling today?

Peace and Love,

William

Comment

I'm doing okay! I'm still sick but I don't mind it. I can get through this with God. Thank you so much for your encouragement William!!

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
              X