My Personal Honest and Raw Recovery Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Personal Honest and Raw Recovery Story

So here I am almost four years later. Sober, clear headed and with a pep in my step and it took me four years to get here.

Sobriety is not easy. What could possibly be easy about transforming your entire life? You have to relearn how to communicate, how to handle your emotions, how to allow yourself to feel them and how to deal with life on life’s terms. Basically your a toddler but you the responsiblities of an adult.

My name is Kim and I am an addict. I started drug and alcohol use at the age of 15 and I didn’t breathe a sober breath until I was almost 32. That is almost 17 years of living with this possession, as I like to call it. A possession thats destination is death and its created by you. You have been taken over by another power and you’ve embarked on a suicide mission to death.

At 15 I was drinking and smoking weed and ten or so years later I was smoking crack cocaine and shooting heroin. Ive been in mental hospitals, rehabs and hospitals. Ive overdosed, attempted suicide and been strapped down to gurneys and I have pulled through. And so can you.

Sober life is the greatest gift, besides my son, I have ever been given. I am not ashamed of who I am or what I have done. This suffering is my blessing. I have tapped into the darkest crevices of my soul and Ive found the light.

If you wish to read a more detailed version of my story visit my blog below. Also, follow my Facebook page at Hospital For Your Soul for weekly updates.
    A MOTHER, A DAUGHTER, A SISTER, A GIRLFRIEND, AN EX-WIFE...... REHABS, MENTAL HOSPITALS, PSYCHOLOGISTS, AA AND A FEW BEAUTIFUL YEARS INTO MY SOBRIETY. THIS IS MY LIFE, MY DAILY LIFE.....
    Last edited by KimDracula; 10-27-2017, 01:17 PM.

Kim, welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum. I see that you posted a link to your blog but I don’t really know where your story is exactly unless every blog is a part of your story. I encourage you, in addition to posting a link, to participate and share your actual story directly here on this forum so we can interact with you and participate with you.

Peace and love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Originally posted by KimDracula View Post
      So here I am almost four years later. Sober, clear headed and with a pep in my step and it took me four years to get here.

Sobriety is not easy. What could possibly be easy about transforming your entire life? You have to relearn how to communicate, how to handle your emotions, how to allow yourself to feel them and how to deal with life on life’s terms. Basically your a toddler but you the responsiblities of an adult.

My name is Kim and I am an addict. I started drug and alcohol use at the age of 15 and I didn’t breathe a sober breath until I was almost 32. That is almost 17 years of living with this possession, as I like to call it. A possession thats destination is death and its created by you. You have been taken over by another power and you’ve embarked on a suicide mission to death.

At 15 I was drinking and smoking weed and ten or so years later I was smoking crack cocaine and shooting heroin. Ive been in mental hospitals, rehabs and hospitals. Ive overdosed, attempted suicide and been strapped down to gurneys and I have pulled through. And so can you.

Sober life is the greatest gift, besides my son, I have ever been given. I am not ashamed of who I am or what I have done. This suffering is my blessing. I have tapped into the darkest crevices of my soul and Ive found the light.

If you wish to read a more detailed version of my story visit my blog below. Also, follow my Facebook page at Hospital For Your Soul for weekly updates.
      Hi. You are the person I need to talk to. Can you help me

Comment

Knockatallon,

Have you gotten a hold of KimDracula? Maybe you should send her a private message?

Peace and Love,

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Very happy to hear your life is going well. I really like the success stories as they balance out the scary ones. Congrats and I wish you nothing but the best

Comment

Thanks for sharing cioli.

Kim Dracula, how is everything going with you? We’d love to hear from you and learn more about how you’re doing and anything new you’re involved in/any progress you’ve made, etc. Hope all is well.

Peace and love,

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
            X