Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was Addicted to Both Meth and Heroin For Years....Now I'm 5 Month's Clean!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was Addicted to Both Meth and Heroin For Years....Now I'm 5 Month's Clean!

I was addicted to both meth and heroin for years.... My addiction brought me to Hell on Earth for quite some time. I felt trapped in a vicious, evil cycle with absolutely no way out. I was going no where and FAST. After getting arrested, a short 45 day stint in jail and getting released to a 28 day rehab to get treatment for the first time, I finally was freed from my own personal Hell, and with time things got better and better. Jail took the option to use away from me which is what got me through detox and onto the next phase but it doesn't have to be that way if you're determined enough. Now at 5 months clean I'm about to begin an intensive outpatient program, going to N.A as many nights of the week as possible, and working the steps! I never though a normal life like I now have would ever be possible for me, but here I am! Recovery is possible if you're willing.... One day at a time is all it takes

Click image for larger version

Name:	cierra.png
Views:	1
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	12132

Cierra,

Thanks for joining and participating on our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum community. Wow, 5 months clean and sober of off heroin and methamphetamine, that's impressive. So it sounds like you didn't go to a residential drug rehab facility, but an IOP (intensive outpatient program) instead coupled with NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meetings. Good for you. We are very proud of you.

Please keep us updated and we wish the best for you.

Peace and Love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Cierra,

It is good to read stories like your about people going forward in a positive direction. I hope everything positive than can happen to you does. I would have never dreamed I would feel this good ever again. Your body goes through some strange times as it deregulates itself but once you have made it this far you can get through any craving or trigger times. Going to meetings helped me a lot. I always liked group when I was inpatient but never found the right meeting and did not like going. After a while I realized that if i keep going and doing the right things and stay away from the people I used with it works. It is not just as simple as just the meetings themselves but the changes that take place in your healing brain that change with time. I'm sure like me and so many others you cringe at what we did to get by sometimes. let it go. Acknowledge what you did when you have to but the best apologies to people who care are for them to see you thrive in life.
      You made my morning reading your post: Do good girl!
      Last edited by Ciolli; 12-06-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Cierra, congratulations that you fought all those challenges and life's nightmares and starting to come out victorious. Right now there are a lot of sober communities which could really help a person looking for change from their bad ways. Some of those good institutions include drug rehabilitation san diego. Old patients love it. The staff are very professionals in the field.
        Heroin Addiction is not discriminatory and can affect anyone and everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, weight, height, etc. This community provides support from real recovering addicts and experts and recommends the best treatments to help heroin addicts conquer their drug addiction.

Comment

Haneyl5596,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and discussion forum and thanks for participating and encouraging our members. That said, I also see that you posting a link to a treatment center in each of your posts. We do not allow free advertising on our forum. If you are interested in working with us or promoting your treatment center on our website, we will be happy to speak with you to learn more about your treatment center and tell you more about our services. Note that only addiction treatment centers and drug rehab facilities that have been prescreened and meet our standards are qualified to be represented here. Thus, if your center has what it takes and is interested in being recommended by our organization, please contact me at help@kthen.org.

Best wishes,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
          X