No announcement yet.

God Called Me Out Of The Tomb Of Addiction Into His Saving Grace and Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Called Me Out Of The Tomb Of Addiction Into His Saving Grace and Recovery

There was a time I would not have posted this picture. A picture without a filter??? I’m not 28 anymore. In fact in less than 4 months I will be 47. That number used to terrify me. The enemy would put thoughts in my head that my age was somehow connected to my self-worth. Time was ticking. Men get better looking and distinguished with age...I am just getting old. A photo was only as good as its filter. I would jokingly say that I hit the pause button at 28. Here is what I know today...

- I don’t want to be 28 again. That was the beginning of a very dark road for me. That dark road took 16 years to escape. I was spiritually dead and physically dying. God called me up out of that tomb and He made me a new creation. That creation was not made to carry old chains. Who the Lord sets free is free indeed.

- I speak words of life over the woman staring at me in the mirror. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Beauty from ashes. More precious than rubies. The daughter of the King of Kings. Today I walk like royalty. Royalty in The Kingdom is not like we think of royalty in this world. Being an heir requires that we walk in love, kindness, humbleness and in reverence to the one who created us. We find beauty in being a servant.

- My Father calls me beautiful and beloved. He is my refuge and provider. He is my first love. He is my comforter and protector. There is no expiration date on His love for me.

- I embrace the woman I am today. I tortured her. Hated her. Abused her. Spoke of words of death over my life for years. I tried to destroy the temple I was given. I tried to burn it to the ground. I love me today because my Father showed me who I am and most importantly, whose I am.

- I don’t have to dress provocatively to get a mans attention. I don’t have to post degrading pictures of myself seeking validation. My body is meant to be honored, not put on display. I am to act like a wife before my husband arrives, trusting Gods timing. When my Boaz arrives he will know me because God said “That’s her.” I don’t need to seek a man. I need only seek God’s face.

- Today I find my identity through Jesus. Not a number on my drivers license. Not a number I starved myself down to on my scale. Knowing who I am in the Lord is the most attractive thing I have to offer.

Yes, I will be 47 years old in 4 months and in 13 days I will celebrate one year in recovery. I embrace the woman God created me to be. It took 47 years to build this testimony. Learning to love myself is one of the many gifts the Lord has given me.

He takes me from Glory to Glory. ❤️✝️

Ecclesiastes 3:11
    11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

You are a true gem Heidi. Keep up the brilliant work. God bless in Jesus name.

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Very well said. Amen God is good. All the glory to him

Comment

Twort4163,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum. I appreciate you posting on this topic to give Heidi some encouragement. I also encourage you to start your own topic to introduce yourself and share your own story and how it relates to addiction.

I Look forward to your participation on our discussion forum :-)

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
        X