What do you do when you find out your long term boyfriend is a drug addict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when you find out your long term boyfriend is a drug addict

What do you do when you have lost your sibling to the disease of addiction, you have an 11 yr old child (by someone else) and you start dating a man who is more amazing then you could have ever dreamed. Your knight an shining armour, an you slowly see signs that he is abusing some drug. So you drug test him and he passes every time. Then one day he's sick of hiding and tells you the truth and the severity of his addiction by then your 6 months into dating and your absolutely in love with this man bc in that 6 months he showed you how to love and be loved better then anyone ever could. So you fight with him and for him only to see it's not what he truly wants right then. So you break up, you move on, date someone else. All the while he's still contacting you hoping for any little response from you bc deep down he's feeling lost and alone. You stay broken up for over a year at some point in that time you don't hear from him anymore so you worry if he's alive? Later you find out he is back in prison for his heroin abuse and then goes to a half way house for treatment and contacts you and you see all over again why you fell so deep in love with them to begin with and you realized the whole time you were broken up there will never be another man to love you in this way but your not an addict or other mental issues either do you stay with this man and fight through with him and possibly risk losing your child to your child's father and lose all of your family and friends and possibly yourself if they end up using again? Please help I don't know what to do
    Thanks
    Theresa

I don't have the answers but if you need someone to talk to, I am here. I will pray for you and him too.

Comment

Theresa, the most important person in your life is yourself. You have to learn to love yourself, so that you can give yourself and your child the best life has to offer. Life is a gift and we all get the choice to abuse it or embrace it. This man has the opportunity of becoming drug free on his own. Concentrate on what you would like to achieve and not his issues. You do owe that to yourself.
      You deserve it. Be strong.
      ​ (Big Hugs) "
      Happiness begins with yourself."

https://www.boldsky.com/relationship...an-123560.html

I am alone and I love it. Have you ever been alone? Yes, you might have. But what is it that you don’t like about being alone? There’s like a list of beautiful things you can do while you are alone.

Comment

Blove,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery support and discussion forum. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and helping Teresa on this topic. You are also encouraged to start your own topic to introduce yourself, share your story, tell us more about you and what brings you here :-). We hope to see more of you on our forum welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery support and discussion forum. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and helping Tresa on this topic. You are also encouraged to start your own topic to introduce yourself, share your story, tell us more about you and what brings you here :-). We hope to see more of you on our forum.

Peace and love,

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Cally,

Big welcome to you as well and thanks for offering to be here to listen and offer support. We also encourage you start your own topic so that we can get to know you and learn more about you. To start your own topic, just go back to the main forum, Click on the category such as “drug addiction and recovery stories” and then click “new topic click on the categories such as “drug addiction and recovery stories “and then click “new topic”.

We look forward to your participation on our forum.

Peace and love,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
          X