Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked Out of Methadone Clinic with 21 Days to Detox - Now What?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked Out of Methadone Clinic with 21 Days to Detox - Now What?

Ok, so a girl I know personally has recently been kicked out of her methadone clinic (something related to benzos even though she has a legitimate prescription) and has been told that they're giving her a 21 days detox. Anyone who knows anything about detox knows that this is not enough time to properly detox. She will inevitably go through withdrawal if she doesn't do something else. The question is, what does she do and how does she go about doing it? Can she go right to Suboxone once she gets on a lower dose? Can she start calling Suboxone doctors to start getting something setup? Do you think she should try switching to another methadone clinic (although my concern is that they may not accept her since she's being kicked out of this one clinic). The current methadone clinic she is at is apparently doing nothing to help her and not giving her any kind of strategy.

Her ultimate goal is to stay off of illicit drugs but not go through withdrawal? What's her best plan of action?

I look forward to your responses.

Peace and Love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

People transfer to different clinics in my city all of the time but she definitely needs to line something up. She doesn't want to be in the throes of withdrawal that's for sure. I can't believe they would just kick her out for benzos that she has a script for. I have a script for benzos and I go to a clinic they don't have a problem with it.
    I don't believe that they Clinic talk to each other in most States they can but then again that would break HIPAA laws.

Comment

Stacesonshine,

Thanks for your input and I totally agree. I've instructed the woman to call multiple clnics (both Medicaid assisted and private clinics), tell her story and see what they can do. I agree that transferring to another clinic (if possible) would be the most logical sense. Otherwise, I'm afraid she may resort to using. Sure she can try to "stick it out" and go through the withdrawal like a few others have suggested, but most people have a real hard time with that and resort to using and then God forbid...dying. So I think she needs to really work on transferring ASAP.

The other solution I suggested (but only if the other doesn't work) is to switch to Suboxone but ONLY after she gets down to about 30 to 20 mgs of methadone. And then she needs to go 3 days cold turkey without to be in withdrawal before she takes it. At least, this is what doctors have told me in the past. I did of course, advise her to check with her doctor if she goes the Suboxone route but I really think she should try to stick with methadone for now and then once she's settled at another clinic, taper down slowly and the right way so she's done and doesn't have to go through anything like this again.

Best wishes,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
      X