Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what causes a false positive for fentanyl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what causes a false positive for fentanyl?

I belong to a methadone clinic and for the last several months, my urine tests have been providing a false positive for narfentanyl (a metabolite of fentanyl). What’s worse is that my latest test came up positive for regular fentanyl.

I am not using any drugs although I do have a prescription for Zoloft and smoke marijuana.

Everyone at my Methadone Clinic thinks I’m using heroin but I haven’t used heroin in years. Someone suggested that my weed could be laced with fentanyl but I find that hard to believe. I’ve been buying it from the same guy for years and up until a few moneys ago I did not have this problem.

I’m a concerned because I am in the middle of a taper to come down off of methadone and each time they find something like this in my urine test, they stop my taper.

What else could be causing this? Or is it possible that my methadone clinic is making up this bullshit in order to stop my taper to prevent losing me as a customer?

Please help,

Kkatz

I just heard a discussion last night at an NA meeting that people are putting fentanyl in weed
    Last edited by Ciolli; 03-09-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Hi...i am on suboxone. I was on methadone for 8 years before I switched to sub...so glad i did !
      but thats another topic.
      Since going on the program 9 years ago, i have been 100% clean from all illicit drugs, yet somehow, In the past 3 months, I have had 2 positive urine tests showing fentanyl. False positives. I have definitely NOT done fent...nor do I smoke weed. Thankfully my meth/suboxone Dr has also been my GP for 20 years and he believes me that i have not used...
      I am literally getting anxiety over this, and every time i keave a urine sample i fear it will show up hot again for fentanyl...im sorry im not answering your question. I want you to kniw tou are not alone qith thus dilema....I pray someone out there can definitively answer for both of our sakes
      Last edited by tarabryan; 04-10-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Cioli,

Thanks for your input. I’ve heard the same thing but I’m not exactly sure how common it is or what the motivation in doing so would be? Any thoughts?

Peace and love,

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Tarabryan,

It seems like a number of people are seeing false positives for fentanyl for what looks like no reason at all. But I would think that something has to be caiseknh this. Perhaps it’s some kind of medication someone is taking or some other reason. So far, Other than it potentially being put in the weed, I haven’t heard any real good explanation as to why this might happen. Pershaps someine out there has an answer?

Peace and love,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kkatz,

Thank you for creating this topic and welcome to our heroin discussion forum. Wish I could say I had the answer however, like others, I’m inclined to suggest it’s possible that your marijuana has been laced with it. However, that doesn’t mean it’s true. Apparently other people, including tarabryan have experienced similar false positives and they don’t even smoke marijuana. So it’s possible that it could be your weed or maybe it’s not. There is ambiguity for you right?

Personally, I would love to find out what would cause such a false positive because there are many people that are stating/claiming they’ve been tested hot for fentanyl and other drugs when they swear up-and-down they have never used it or at least haven’t in a very long time. While I am certain that some people making this claim or lying because they don’t want to admit they have used drugs, I have no reason to doubt anybody on this discussion forum as it is anonymous and people here genuinely want help.

But if anybody else has any insight as to what could potential he be causing these false positives for fentanyl, I would love to know.

Peace and love,

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
            X