Has Anyone Ever Used Naloxone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Used Naloxone?

I recently read a guide about naloxone and it seems like it's really effective. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever actually had to use it. If you have, I'd love to hear your story - I've never personally seen it be administered.
    A groundbreaking report calls substance abuse one of America's most pressing problems. Heroin News provides breaking news on the nation's heroin epidemic.

Chrysalis,

Welcome to our drug and heroin addiction forum community. I'm actually wondering if you mean naltrexone which is the active ingredient in Vivitrol and ReVia. Naloxone is the active ingredient in Narcan, which is the heroin overdose revival drug. It can also be found in medicine assisted treatment medications like Suboxone along with buprenorphine. Many people on this forum has used Suboxone which contains naloxone and I know a few people who have used naltrexone. So before I answer your question any further, I'd love to know if you meant naltrexone instead since naloxone is not typically a stand-alone treatment for opioids or heroin addiction or use.

Peace and Love,

William

P.S. We do not allow promotional links in forum topics. If you work for Practical Recovery and wish to discuss marketing or advertising services, please contact me directly at help@kthen.org.
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Hello, I'm a 29 yr old Guy from Minnesota. In August 2015 I was given 4mgs of Naloxone twice in order to stop my Heroin/Fent Overdose. The day started like most days. I drove my GF at the time to Fargo, ND to but a couple grams of Heroin. It was the Grey #4 that was cut with Fentanyl. At the time my whole world revolved around never running out of this substance. My Dealer txt me right when I was getting into town that it would be a little while and we had some time to kill. We ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings, and shared some wings and both had several house specialty drinks. Finally I got the call, and we met my guy. We immediately went to the Gas Station and she snorted a little while I prepared a shot. I almost never drink Alcohol and use Heroin, so I think it was a matter of my measuring being off and I was drunk so I was more receptive to the Opiates. I remember waking up in the Ambulance and being scared that we were in a Car Accident. I was screaming my girls name and asking if she was OK... The EMTs told me she was fine, and had called 911 and they had given me an Overdose reversal drug, Naloxone. I was taken to the ER in Fargo and refused any more help. They monitored me for about an hr and a half and let me go. We went and recovered the stashed H, and picked up where we left off. Its a really bleak, selfish way to live and I'm so thankful that I can Honestly say I have Humanity's best interests in mind now, and you couldnt pay me to get back into Opiates. With the help of my Family and LSD-25, I see things for what they are and just want everyone to be safe and healthy. I wish anyone who reads this thw best. If a hopeless case like me can turn it around, you can too. ✌
      Last edited by NewDrew218; 02-26-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I also want to add that almost anywhere in the USA, and abroad, now One can take a drug called Vivatrol. Its a Long-Acting Naloxone injection that is given as a deterrent to Opiates and it stays in your system for at least a month. So Ideally One could go in monthly for their Vivatrol IM Injection. Its for the people who have made up their mind that they are done with Opiates in whatever from. Naloxone, the drug used for Reversing Overdoses, is given Once a month as a Preventative Measure against Opiate abuse under the brand name Vivatrol. What Vivatrol does is block the Receptors in Ones Brain that accept Opiates. So even if someone has a relapse on Opiates, and say injects what would be a fatal amount, the Opiate will have no affect on the person. Its actually very good for an Addicts Loved Ones Peace of Mind because they can know that even if you have a slip, their is barely any chance of it getting into the persons system. Naloxone saved my life, and Vivatrol is the Preemptive Strike against Overdose. So I say if you are serious about stopping Opiates, look into Vivatrol. ✌❄❤😘
        Last edited by NewDrew218; 02-26-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

NewDrew,

Vivatrol is not a long term naloxone injection. Vivatrol contains the active ingredient naltrexone, which is different. I just wanted to correct you so anyone reading this doesn't have misinformation. Learn more about Vivitrol (Naltrexone) here.

Peace and Love,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Vivatrol lasts for 1 month at a time to preemptively block opiates if someone were to have a Relapse. Thats a Long-Acting Drug if Ive ever heard of one. It is Naloxone, but gives you the Naloxone steadily for a month. Unlike Narcan that is for reversing overdoses. Idk how you dont know that, and you'll probably block me now for stating the obvious. Oh well, their are many Forums to spread awareness. ✌

Comment

NewDrew,

Yes, I agree that Vivitrol lasts for a month but I assure you that the active ingredient in Vivitrol is Naltrexone, not Naloxone.

Peace and love,

William

Comment

NewDrew,

And if you don't believe me or our website, see what Google says directly...

From Google:
                Vivitrol active ingredient

VIVITROL is an injectable suspension for single use. VIVITROL contains 380 mg of naltrexone in a microsphere formulation per vial (337 mg of naltrexone per gram of microspheres) and 4 mL diluent.

Comment

NewDrew,

And no, we wouldn't block you...why would you think that? I am just trying to educate you. I appreciate that you are posting here and would like to see you continue. But you are incorrect about the ingredient in Vivitrol. I'm not trying to insult you, just teach you. If I was wrong, I'd admit it :-).

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
                  X