Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help

Hello, my name is Zack.

My girlfriend and I have been using heroin for around 7 months. We were using quite a bit and recently got down to about a point a day between the two of us. Im so terrified of withdrawals but im looking for help to get us off. Given our current circumstances our only option is to wean off of it or quit cold turkey. Im looking for any advice on weaning off of it or someone with experience to tell me that coming off of this amount is possible and wont change me forever. As of right now a 5mg hydrocodone wont get me high which terrifies me because ive heard of people going through terrible withdrawals just from those. Please help.

Chev92,

Welcome to our Heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum community. You come to the right place for online help and advice. I can certainly sympathize and empathize with what you’re going through. As a recovering heroin addict, I used to you come to the right place for online help and advice. I can certainly sympathize and empathize with what you’re going through. As a recovering heroin addict I couldn’t even get high with 150 mg of oxycodone. Regrettably, that’s when I moved to heroin and started experimenting with stronger and stronger batches until I finally got help. Now, I did go cold turkey but couple of times and to be honest, I would have made it if I didn’t let my mind play tricks on me and think I could control it. In other words, I made it through the withdrawal and at DAY6, I felt physically pretty well. That said, my min regrettably, that’s when I moved it to heroin and started experimenting with stronger and stronger batches until I finally got help. Go cold turkey a couple of times, I would have made it if I didn’t let my mind play tricks on me and think I could control it. In other words, I made it through the withdrawals and at day six, I felt physically pretty well. That said, my addiction in my mind convinced me that I could control it and therefore, I started using again but I quickly went back to using every day and even more than before. The problem is, I had made it through the dependency which is what controls how much you withdraw but the addiction… The disease part is always with you and I wasn’t doing anything to cultivate healing or recovery. So I finally entered into a methadone maintenance program which worked well for me and after a year and a half, I haven’t been on anything and have been clean and sober ever since.

Now, to get into what you want to talk about…withdrawal and going cold turkey. I’m not going to lie it’s not easy being cold turkey and the withdrawal for couple days can be a real bitch. It is possible to taper down and the more you can taper down the less painful withdrawal will be. However, once you get past usual with drawl, I do strongly recommend that both of you get into some kind of program even if it’s Alcoholics Anonymous or however, once you get past usual with drawl, I do strongly recommend that you get into some kind of program even if it’s Alcoholics Anonymous or natcotics anonymous (since they are free) Just to connect with others in recovery and to garner support. Because it’s not easy to beat addiction. But it can be done with dedication, hard work and perseverance.
    Just to connect with others in recovery and to garner support. Because it’s not easy to beat addiction. But it can be done with dedication, hard work and perseverance.

I’m sure I Could continue writing but I will wait for your response. If there are any other questions you have, please ask. What is your strategy? What is your exact plan? Let’s see if we can work together on formulating a plan and a strategy to help you win the fight against opiate addiction.
    Could continue writing but I will wait for your response. If there are any other questions you have, please ask. What is your strategy? What is your exact plan? Let’s see if we can work together on formulating a plan and a strategy to help you win the fight against opiate addiction.

Peace and love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
    X