Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Loses Third Son To The Heroin Epidemic

Family Loses Third Son To The Heroin Epidemic

Posted on November 6, 2016 by Inside Out in addiction, Facebook, overdose, Son, Who will fight for them?

Note: This article was written by Joann Miller of Holy Addiction (www.holyaddiction.com). The link below goes to the original article. Joann personally interviewed the family. You can read the fully story below or by clicking the link at the bottom. Moreover, there is a Go Fund Me link below and on the Holy Addiction page for anyone interested in donating.

If you need help, please visit our list of prescreened addiction treatment centers and drug rehab facilities. To share your story, join our free heroin discussion forum. You can also contact us.

Three beautiful young men, all from the same family are just gone. It’s not the leading story on the news and the comments below this story will include horrible judgment and hate. All because these wonderful young men have a disease that people have decided make them less than.

Losing one child to an overdose is devastating, imagine losing your third. Jeanmarie McCauley is having to bury her third son, Jesse. In the go fund me summary they wrote:

I can’t believe that I am having to do this again. Jeanmarie McCauley is having to bury her third child, Jesse. He was a big-hearted kid who was so lost after both of his brothers died. He went to Florida to try and get his life back. Sadly, he did not make it. I can’t imagine the pain she and the rest of the family are in. She has to come up with the burial expenses as well as the added expense of bringing him back from Florida. She wants to have the three brothers together in their final resting place. We would be so grateful for any help. No mother should have to go through this. She and her family appreciate all the love and support they have received.

If this story is not proof that our Country is in the midst of an epidemic, what more will it take? It was only a few months ago that a mother that runs the page I HATE HEROIN, on Facebook lost two of her sons in the same night. Both of these mothers are fighters that actively fight to spread the word about this epidemic in hopes that no other mother will have to endure the pain of having a child who suffers from Substance Use Disorder, much less losing a one.

When this happens to families that are knowledgeable about this illness and actively fighting it, it just goes to show how powerful it truly is. So what does that mean? It means that we as Mothers and Fathers cannot do this alone. We need the full support of our police forces, judges, politicians, and communities.

When one of our loved ones gets picked up for possession or petty theft and it’s obvious to the arresting officer that they are using opiates that person needs to be taken into custody. Not just for a few hours until they are let back out to wait for court. The presiding judge needs to look over his podium and imagine it’s their child standing in front of them. They need to recognize that this is their chance to possibly save a life.

Why can’t they be held until a bed somewhere can be found? We know if they are released that the first thing they will do is whatever it takes to get high. They can’t help it, it’s a disease. So that means if they have to steal something out of your garage or sell their bodies they will make the money it takes to feed the disease that is doing everything in its power to kill them. If the judge knew they were going to leave and commit suicide they wouldn’t let them leave. What is the difference?

The politicians need to pass laws that make it possible for judges and police officers to take advantage of these opportunities to save our loved one’s lives. I know this is America and typically we allow adults to make mistakes and then learn on their own from them. This isn’t the same. Many of these people won’t get the chance to learn from their mistakes, they don’t live long enough to. Don’t you see, this isn’t like smoking pot, doing a line or having a drink? You don’t have two, three or five years to screw up and decide that you want to get clean. With the Fentanyl and now Carfentanil every single time they use might be their last.

Three beautiful young men, all from the same family are just gone. It’s not the leading story on the news and the comments below this story will include horrible judgment and hate. All because these wonderful young men have a disease that people have decided makes them less than. I can promise you this. Those boys were loved, their lives mattered and their families feelings matter. Please, take a stand. If you love someone who suffers from Substance Use Disorder don’t be scared to speak out. You hold the keys, all of you. If we all stand together and tell our stories we can stomp out this stigma and force the public to take notice. Those of us who fight every day need you. Together we can make a change.

Please give to the go fund me for this family and if you can’t afford to give you can surely share.
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

I am so sorry for your loss. I can not.even imagine going through this.

Comment

Angie,

I know it's horrible. The heroin epidemic is plaguing the country and now more than ever, the heroin overdose rate is up and worse than it's ever been. I'm sure this is a result of increased heroin use coupled with the dangerous toxins that are being added to heroin batches. This includes fentanyl and Carfentanil.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Peace and Love,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

God help us against this evil drug...

Comment

Missie,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum and thanks for sharing. Amen...we do need help to break free from drug addiction. I am a recovering addict in long-term recovery. I encourage you to create your own topic to introduce yourself and share with the community what you've been through and/or what you're going through.

Peace and Love,

William

Comment

I am so on the fence with this issues. Saying that alcohol or drug abuse is a "DISEASE", a disease is something that you never asked for, that you didnt have a CHOICE in, such as cancer, aids, lupus, chrons disease, fibromyalgia, muscular dystrophy, poor babies and children with leukemia or brain tumors. None of these people had a choice. Starting to use drugs or alcohol or any other recreational drug is a CHOICE. It is an addiction. But I do also believe that mental illness is a disease and emotional and mental trauma. And most people including myself, don't know how to cope with emotional trauma, or loss or grief. Or painful scars from years of physical and emotional abuse. But most people with these emotional wounds, scars, don't know how to cope with the awful memories or how awful they feel and are truly and utterly lost. so they begin using anything to try and mask or numb the pain of their past or present situation. I know first hand, depression and anxiety are brutal, i spent years in a downward spiral in a relationship filled with verbal, emotional, mental and sometimes physical abuse. I went so far down, that i literally never got out of bed for days and days. i cried all day everyday. I didn't wanna die but i certainly wasn't living. it was so dark, everything was dark. I was in the deepest darkest pits of hell. Unless you have been through severe depression, you have no idea the pain and suffering you go through. Some people understand it, becasue they have been there and some people say well i wish i could understand, i can try to understand. and some judgmental people donn't believe in depression they think you can just snap right out of it, or should. yeah, if only it were that easy. wouldn't that be great. my depression was so severe i too wanted to become numb, to never face the true emotions and turmoil going on inside of me. and because i never ever slept, it made it much worse. i suffered in silence. my dad who was my best friend was in the hospital, i found him outside lying on the ground, he had a stroke, my daughter, my baby who i raised alone, left for college, we had never been apart, my sons father tortured me in every and any way there was and truly enjoyed kicking me while i was down. he would make weekly false cps claims and stalk me and tel our young son terrible things and lies about me. it was all so so much. the rest of my family didn't care, the ones that did i hid it from. it was a time i would not wish on my worst enemy. and i too used anxiety pills and pain pills to try and mask or take away my issues, knowing that was not the answer. it just made things worse. so while i believe mental illness and drug use may go hand and hand. mental illness is a disease nobody wished of ror asked for, taking those drugs was a CHOICE. a CHOICE i made. so i have a hard time saying that heroin users or drug users have a disease.

Comment

blkshadow,

Welcome to our heroin addiction forum and community. I appreciate you sharing your point of view. That said, I think perhaps you are misunderstanding the nature of the disease. Drug use and alcohol use is a choice. Nobody questions that. The disease of addiction however, is not the same as the actual choice to use drugs or alcohol. Instead, the disease of addiction is a cognitive compulsion in the brain that creates incredibly powerful urges to want to use drugs. The act of actually using drugs is a choice, but the driving force that creates fear, anxiety and urges that are exceptionally powerful are the disease.

For instance, imaging putting saran wrap over your face to the point you can't breathe. You would likely quickly choose to take that saran wrap off so you can breathe right? But why? Because the urge/compulsion to breathe is so powerful. Why again? Because without breathing, you feel like you're going to die. And in this case, it's true, without breathing you will die. But now imagine someone who is addicted to drugs. When the last "dose" of drugs or alcohol begins to wear off, a strong urge/compulsion is created making drug and/or alcohol use almost irresistible. This urge is powerful and like the case of the saran wrap, the suffering addict feels like without their drugs that they're going to die. Now that is not usually the case, but the brain believes that and thus, the same level of anxiety, fear an compulsion appears as if they had to pull saran wrap off of their face in order to breathe (to survive).

Does that make sense?

See also: Proof that Addiction is a Disease: How Addiction Affects the Brain

Peace and Love,

William

Comment

So to make it clear....nobody chooses the urge/compulsion that makes you feel like you're going to die if you don't use. Someone does however, choose to use drugs or not, but for someone with the disease of addiction, it's MUCH more difficult to resist because it feels impossible. To the non-addict, this urge/compulsion doesn't exist and it's much easier for them to stop.

Comment

Contracting the aids virus is not A CHOICE however sleeping around and having un protected sex etc is and while there are many different types of cancer smoking and or tobacco use is what is causing cancer that is untreatable and killing people in many cases so I guess these people chose these diseases and we should tell them that was there choice?? Just a thought and no not my opinion you could say the same about type 2 diabetes's and peoples diets

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
                  X