It Is Never Too Late

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Never Too Late

"It is never too late, to be what you might have been." I had always struggled with the, "what if's", "if only's," and the "I could haves." Every single time that I would attempt to get sober, I would think of my mistakes, and how life would be if I wouldn't have relapsed, or made all of those bad decisions. I used to get so consumed in my past, that I could never move forward. The biggest thing for me this time, has been letting go of my past, and truly forgiving myself. I had to realize that my past does not define me. Also, I realized that I could still finish school, still help other people, still be a mother, and still turn my life around. It was not too late. I was alive, and still breathing. Therefore, I had a chance, and I took it. Don't get caught up on your past, and forgive yourself.

Great perspective and encouragement, I thought the same thing many times and most people dont get through it easy and make multiple attempts but at least as u said you are alive to make another attempt 👍😊

Comment

Great post Chamanna, I know our members and visitors really appreciate your posts, as do I. Thank you for giving us all something to think about. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Peace and love,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
      X