We All Make Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We All Make Mistakes

"Accept the fallibility of yourself, and others." Everybody makes mistakes. However, just because you make a mistake, does not mean that you are a terrible person, nor should you give up on your goals. We should all take mistakes, as learning experiences, not defeat. We can all grow, and continue to grow. For me, I had been on-and-off of drugs, for seven years. Everytime that I would get clean, if I would mess up in any way shape, or form, I would want to throw in the towel. Everytime my relapses got worse, and they got worse quicker. All of the things that I said that I never would do, or that would not happen to me, happened to me. It became harder to bring myself back into the rooms of NA/AA with each relapse, because of my guilt, shame, and remorse. Today, I want to recover, and I choose recovery, daily. I know that I am not, nor will I ever be the "model" recovering addict, but I put forth 100% effort, to be my best. I accept that I will make mistakes. However, I know that mistakes are only learning experiences, and they do not define me, nor do your mistakes have to define you.
    Last edited by Chamanna Shakara Hall; 01-13-2018, 03:50 PM.

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
X