How I Was Manipulated By JoAnn Miller of Social Manage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Was Manipulated By JoAnn Miller of Social Manage

Joann Miller was a friend of mine. I met her online when she ran Heroin News, which I later acquired from her. Until not too long ago, she was making money under the guise of the faux, unregistered name “Social Manage”. She was also working for this community as a paid, part-time contractor.

Joann Miller is a recovering addict, although she did admit to another friend of mine back in November, 2017 that she experienced a drug relapse for at least several days. Rumors are circulating around the mill as usual as to whether or not she is still using today. There are tall tale signs, but nobody knows with certainty.

But what is the point of me writing all this? Why did I say Joann Miller WAS a friend of mine rather than IS? How does this affect me and why would I draw anybody’s attention to Joann Miller? Perhaps it’s because as a professional, I feel obliged to warn other professionals about her tactics before they hire her. And perhaps personally, I am very hurt by the betrayal and manipulation tactics Joann Miller has used on me.

The truth is, I still care about Joann Miller as a friend and I will always wish her well. However, it is apparent that what people have said about her being a scam artist is true. Now I’m not talking about her being a mega hacker or having the ability to take down Facebook. This was a previous and relatively ridiculous rumor circulating around the mill maybe a year and a half ago. But Joann Miller does ask as many people for money as she can, and once she receives it, she doesn’t pay them back or doesn’t honor an agreement that she was supposed to uphold. She has manipulated and betrayed both individuals who were supposed to be friends and companies she was supposed to work for.

Personally, I am very hurt by her actions. I honestly thought that I would continue giving her a chance despite what other people have told me and cautioned me about. I honestly thought that she could be a big part of this community and what I’ve been trying to grow for two years. This community is only at the beginning stages and I expect that God will produce big things in the time to come. So if Joann Miller would rather stab me in the back and lose out on an opportunity that I believe will be very big one day, then that’s her prerogative. But personally, it is very hurtful given that she has claimed that I am one of her best friends. Joann also stated publicly in an article she wrote about me that she was “head over heals” for me. Now this is neither here nor there as I am a married man however, I pointed this out because I believe she said this in an attempt to manipulate me further. After all, if I had reciprocated feelings, and clearly that would give me motivation to give her more money and help her during times of need right?

When I made it clear that I did not return or reciprocate the feelings, Joann Miller quickly removed the entire article. The content was published on this discussion forum so there is still a part of it that remains because she couldn’t delete the actual topic; she can only edit it and remove the content and replace it with something else. So in its place was “what happened to this article?“. Now the only person who could have done this was her or me, and I didn’t remove it especially because most of the content was very professional and very nice about how I’ve helped her through all these difficult times. Why would I want to remove a flattering article about me that she claimed she was going to share with people that thought poorly of me.

In addition to her working for me by managing the Facebook page and writing the occasional blog, she would reach out to me for help with her electric bill and cable bill. These were apparently shut off every month because she couldn’t afford them. Lord only knows how she paid her other bills because she claimed she had lost all of her other clients (other than one) for Social Manage. Joann Miller allegedly had a babysitting job and another job that paid minimum-wage. But ironically, she kept claiming that she hasn’t gotten paid and every time I asked her when she was getting paid, she told me two weeks or another date further out. None of this made sense but I wanted to believe her. But nonetheless, because Joann Miller claimed she was struggling, I wanted to help her. I felt really bad for her and I took the bait.

There was one month in particular that I think I paid almost $1000 over what I should have just to help her out and make sure she wasn’t freezing to death and had food. I would always send money to her through PayPal to her unregistered “Social Manage” account and she would thank me profusely. Now, I never sent any of this money free of charge… I want to be clear that it was always payment in advance for more work she was supposed to do for me. She would promised the world but only deliver a little. I think there was two or three times where I sent her a smaller amount of money to help her with food because she kept talking about how her and her son had nothing to eat for days. Again, I took the bait.

What always bothered me however, is that any time she wanted or needed money, she was literally blowing up my phone and Facebook with messages…even when she had no electric and no cable. She always found a way to reach out to me multiple times in an hour all day. However, as soon as she received the money, she would disappear for at least three days.

I eventually asked her if she was using drugs and told her that I was very concerned about continuing to pay her because I do not want to be an enabler. This was around the same time that another friend of mine provided screenshots showing Joann Miller admitted she had relapsed. Yes, I still have that screenshot but I don’t see the need to present it. When I asked Joann about this, she denied it and told me the screenshot was fabricated. However, I analyzed the screenshot in a lot of detail and it seems pretty hard to believe that if somebody was going to create a fake screenshot, they would have noted to include all of that detail. For example, the profile picture and the way she spells her name was exactly the same. There were date and time stamps on them that fit what I was told. There’s more but I simply can’t remember at this time.

The truth is, it takes a lot of courage and strength to admit to a drug relapse but considering she told me that I was your best friend, I was surprised that she would not admit it to me. Joann Miller proceeded to explain why a couple individuals hated her and had every reason to vilify her and ruin her. Knowing individuals she was referring to, I found it a bit hard to believe but Joann was my friend and I wanted to believe her. I chose to turn the other way in hopes that she wasn’t still using - even if she had relapsed back in November, 2017. But the signs of a problem were ongoing.

There was a time not too long ago where she disappeared for five days instead of the usual two or three and I was very concerned. During that time, I reached out on Facebook asking if anybody had heard from her. I receive several private messages and many people told me about being manipulated by her. That’s when I was also told that she had a drug relapse back in November and was provided a detailed screenshot to prove it. When Joann Miller had finally returned, I had a long talk with her and told her that I have a hard time trusting and believing her. She told me that she was in the hospital for five days but no way to contact anyone and she was supposed to provide all kinds of proof to show me this, but she never did.

There were other times and other promises that were never fulfilled but I continued to look the other cheek because I cared about her as a friend and she was doing decent work for me at the time. I honestly wanted to believe her and I let my desire to believe cloud my judgment.

Then comes today. Over a week ago she was begging and pleading with me to send her money to get her electric bill turned on yet again and I had already told her that I could not continue helping her in this manner. However, after her promising me she only needed $100 and that she would write 10 blog this for me, I reluctantly sent it. Two days go by and she sends me a Facebook message asking me to check my email. I don’t know why she didn’t want to tell me through Facebook, but she told me how she needed another $120 because she allegedly tried to tamper with the meter and that created a penalty. I told her that I simply couldn’t do it but she continued to blow me off. I finally told her that I could potentially send her a lesser amount if she can come up with some money and within two minutes, she claimed her neighbor was going to give her $40 if I could provide the other $80. What’s interesting to me, is if her neighbor was willing to provide money that quickly, why didn’t she ask her neighbor initially? But like a fool and one who wants to believe their friends, I took the bait and sent the $80. That was the last time I heard from her and that was about a week ago.

Honestly, I was really worried for a while because nobody had apparently heard from her. I was more concerned and upset than angry but, because she’s done this before, there was a good part of me that suspected she decided to take that one last payment from me and run. I guess she realized that she had probably squeezed her last nickel from me given how much effort it took for her to get me to send her any money this time.

Earlier today, I found out that her main Joann Miller account has blocked me on Facebook, even though she has a second Joann Miller account that did not block me. But the one Joann Miller account that did block me did post a status that she was with somebody. The last time she disappeared for five days, she had unfriended me and removed me from one of her pages also, but she finally came back and explained herself claiming she was hacked. Again, I wanted to believe her despite how hard this was all to believe.

The truth is, there are just too many things that have happened and it is clear that Joann Miller has no intention of honoring her promises. She now owes me 16 blogs, which I’m sure will never be written. I have paid her enough money to manage my Facebook page for a year…which ironically, was her promise to me, I never asked her to do that. That means she owes me at least another 8 months or so.

I’m sure at some point Joann Miller will read or see this. The truth is, I do still care about her but I now have to do what others have done and keep her out of my life. Joann has obviously already chosen to block me and not honor her responsibilities and promises so it doesn’t matter anyway.

Joann, I hope and pray that you turn your life around and realize what you’ve done to me and others who genuinely cared about you. I gave you more opportunities than most people and you turned around and spit in my face. Writing this is not an attempt to hurt you, but it is my venue for getting out my feelings and truthfully, I believe other professionals deserve to know that this is what you do before they hire you. I wish you the best but I can no longer be here for you since it’s clear and obvious that you never cared about me.

Lots of luck to you.

Peace and love,

William
    Attached Files
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

So I was just informed that Joann Miller posted a mast message on her wall about me. After all the help and support I’ve given her, and the friendship I thought we had, her only response is in the below screenshot. So apparently she had some kind of revenge fetish towards me. She apparently blames me for losing a job that she herself lost due to her own actions. She is one sick individual.

I assume Joann Miller pretended to be my friend in order to manipulate me out of money. What a sick girl. I helped her with so much based on what she told me. She claimed that her and her son had no food, no money, no electric and more. And I would send her money to help. She claimed I was her best friend and I honestly believed she was sinberr despite what everinr else has said about her. Wow that’s all I can say.

Joann Miller, I honestly feel for you given how sick you are. You clearly lied to hey money and all the signs point to ongoing drug use. You denied a drug relapse in November even though I saw the conversation you had with another individual. You’re a pathological liar and a manipulator. I no longer care about you.
    Attached Files
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

These are all the screenshots of the conversation leading up to me sending her $80. Note that I have just sent her $100 two days before to get her electric turned on but then she claims she need another $120. After a lot of discussion, she said she was able to get $40 so she only needed $80. That is my suggestion. After some hesitancy I sent the money and then she disappeared.

Smh...
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not surprised by this article. While JoAnn and I have never been close friends, we have over the years spoken.
        Interestingly enough, a few months ago she reached out to me asking if I could send her some money because she'd gotten screwed over by someone she was doing work for and that she had no food for her son except Ramen noodles and how horrible she felt about it. She kept messaging me multiple times a day, going so far as to say she would build a website for me at an extremely discounted price. When that didn't work, she extended an invitation for me to go to her house, where she would cook and we could have a good time. Her specific words were "It'll be a fun time". When I said that the only reason she was messaging me was because she wanted some money she "assured" me that was not the case.
        A few days went by with a constant barrage of messages as I contemplated sending some money, something though just didn't feel right.
        Low and behold a few days later she tells me that she had landed a big job that had paid her up front and so not to worry about helping her.Jokingly I said that would be the last time I heard from her.
        Guess what? Yeah, to this day I've heard nothing from her. Upon reading this article and checking my Facebook, I see that she at some point went as far as unfriending me....
        JoAnn, as I'm sure you will inevitably read my comment on here at some point, I want you to know this. You have exceptional skills when it comes to social media development. You can build up pages from the ground, making something out of nothing. However, all those skills you possess are naught unless you get whatever is going on in your life resolved. Furthermore, attempting to discredit or blame others for the things you have done paints an even poorer picture of yourself. I myself, William Charles I'm sure and many others would be willing to help you get through whatever is going on with you, IF and ONLY IF you want to be helped. Regardless of what you choose to do, I personally will continue to pray for you, that the sickness inside you is one day healed.

Comment

Todd,

I know we have spoken on Facebook many times so whenever, I was unaware of what you went through with Joann Miller. While she didn’t directly ask her to have sex with you for money, it seems very clear that’s what she meant when she said “we’ll have a good time”.

I never honestly read into it but I know she used to tell me that she would do anything for the money when she asked for it. I always just took that as business because she worked for me and I kept thinking of other projects that she could do for me such as blogging or helping with social media and doing videos and things like that. But she was already doing all that and owed me videos, blogs and page management. So, she still would tell me she would do anything for the money and the only thing I told her is that if she was able to help get me clients, I would give her a finders fee or even possibly an ongoing monthly honorarium for helping me.

But considering Joann Miller would often emphasize that she would do anything for the money, it’s possible she meant something sexual just like she obviously meant with you.

I mentioned this earlier in the story, but she did write a very nice article about me that was very professional on my forum. But the last paragraph talked about how she was falling head over heels for me or actually has fallen head over heels for me… Indicating she is in love with me. Now, I made it very clear to her that I am married and that I do not have any interest in that realm and once I said that, the entire article disappeared and was replaced with the words “what happened to this” or something like that. She also claimed that there was some wedding that she was invited to literally in the town I live in and clean and she wanted to go only because I lived up here and she wanted to meet up with me. I thought, that sounded good… After all, she was supposed to be a good friend of mine and she worked for me. So why not? However, I did notice once I didn’t reciprocate the feelings that she never made mention of the wedding again and never mentioned coming up here again. She was also allegedly going to send me a much more personal letter and a picture or something that her alleged son drew or painted or colored that never happened. Again, it probably didn’t happen because I didn’t return her feelings and she felt embarrassed.

The truth is, I don’t know if she had real love type feelings for me or not, but I think she was trying to use all those words and compliments as a means to continue coming to me for money. I mean, even if I didn’t return the feelings, who doesn’t like to be loved or appreciated for things they do right? So she played on that.

But it’s amazing how many people have come forward telling me that Joann Miller asked them for money and some of them actually did send her money. Joann Miller did admit that she asked other people for money even at the time she asked me, but she made it sound like nobody else ever sent her any. Of course, I called her out on that couple months ago when I found out other people had sent her money and she told me that it wasn’t enough to really do anything with so she didn’t really think it was worth telling me. At least, that’s how I remember it but maybe there was another reason who knows. I feel like no matter what she told me, it was a lie anyway.

The crazy part is I would still be willing to speak with Joann Miller and even try to help her in someway if she wanted it but she is such a flagrant manipulator that I think that she would possibly reach out to somebody claiming she wants genuine help and then use that to her advantage to manipulate people to give her more money.

What have I always said on video? A drug addict will lie, cheat, manipulate and steal When trying to obtain and use their drive a choice. Joann Miller admitted that she was using drugs again in November 2017 to somebody else. There is a screenshot in one of the above posts. Joann of course claims this is fake, but it’s not. I’d be willing to bet my life on it. It’s real. Everything in the screenshot matches up with reality even down to the smallest detail that if somebody was trying to create a fake screenshot, they would likely not think to include.

When trying to obtain and use their driver choice. Joann Miller admitted that she was using drugs again in November 2017 to somebody else. There is a screenshot in one of the above posts. Joann of course claims this is fake, but it’s not. I’d be willing to bet my life on it. It’s real. Everything in the screenshot matches up with reality even down to the smallest detail that if somebody was trying to create a fake screenshot, they would likely not think to include.

I will let others post as they see fit but their own experiences are as I don’t want to be the one to share them since somethings were shared with me in confidence privately. However, I can’t say that at least four other people that I’ve spoken with have very elaborate, detailed stories about Joann Miller and how she has played and hurt them in someway through manipulation tactics.

And I’m not sure if you’ve seen this article or not yet. But if you haven’t, I encourage you to view

http://killtheheroinepidemicnationwi...yber-bullying/

In my opinion, Joann Miller of Social Manage and should not be doing any work in the addiction, treatment and recovery community. Besides, my post reach went down dramatically when she was actually managing my page, so now that I’ve been back at it, it’s gone back up as has traffic to my website. She does have some skill, but she had always told me that she looked up to me, admired me and wanted to learn things about business from me because she didn’t have as much experience. That’s not to toot my own horn, but the things that she really was pretty good at was creating memes that people were interested in so some of them received a lot of interaction (shares and likes). Joann Miller was also a good writer, I will give her that. Frankly, other than myself and maybe a couple guest authors that sent blogs over for publishing, she was the only writer I could trust to publish something without needing to do extensive editing. It’s a shame her character is so flawed or more accurately, her character has been infected by various conditions. Addiction aka substance use disorder is one of them. I suspect however that she has other mental health concerns. I honestly do believe that if she can do to me what she did by pretending to be my friend and manipulating me multiple times that she must be a sociopath.

Onwards and upwards,

William

Comment

So Joann Miller recently posted below comments on her Facebook wall. If, and I say if she is being sincere, then I genuinely feel for her and hope that she gets the best help and treatment available so she can stop using drugs and also stop lying, cheating, manipulating and stealing from people so that she can start to become her self again or for the first time. That said, one of the reasons I have a hard time believing in the sincerity of this message is that I have been one of the people that have helped her the most or according to her, I was your best friend and helped her more than anybody ever did in her entire life. So, why did she block me and even when she posted this, never unblocked me and never even sent me an email or message of any kind letting me know that this post at least exists. Even if joann Miller didn’t have the courage to face me personally, she could’ve had somebody else reach out on her behalf and let me know she’s sorry and to please read this message.

That said, I genuinely hope that joann Miller is sincere and truly goes into addiction treatment to get the help she needs and deserves.

Peace and love,

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
            X