Ridiculous Rumors, Innuendo and Nonsense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous Rumors, Innuendo and Nonsense

Ok, so I am creating this discussion form topic to address some of the ridiculous rumors, innuendo and nonsense that I've heard lately. I honestly don't know who is behind them or what their motivation is but it's obviously not for any good purpose. I first want to say that whoever is responsible for creating the rumors about us and other really good people, shame on you since you are interfering with our mission saving lives. The fact that I even have to address this ridiculous nonsense publicly just take me away from doing any more constructive things to help encourage those in recovery and help get those suffering from addiction the treatment, they want, need and deserve.

Rumor 1 - we have fake followers on facebook

All our followers Facebook are 100% legitimate and real. Because we've acquired a large number of followers in the short amount of time, I'm imagining this is why this particular rumor started. I don't know exactly who the source of this rumor has it, although there is a rumor pointing back to a single person but because it's yet another rumor, I have no interest in indulging it. What I will say however, is the reason why we developed a large number of followers in a short amount of time it's because of good quality content, and paid legitimate Facebook ads. A Facebook ad simply puts our page in front of a larger number of people and individuals have the same choice to like the page or not. We just happen to put a lot of money into advertising so that people can find is faster and that we can reach and help more people. This is a very legitimate strategy for growth and is discussed in a number of articles related to cultivating the growth of the Facebook page.

Rumor 2 - either we or a treatment center we work with engage in patient brokering

I don't know who started this completely false and nasty rumor but I have verifiable proof that we do not engage in this illegal and unethical activity. Treatment centers we recommend based on standards to pay a flat, monthly sponsorship to be listed on our website. I have made this very public for a very long time, it is listed on our website, I've mentioned and videos and I am very proud of the way we operate. There's nothing wrong with making money for a living as long as you're doing it ethically and working to help people. For those of you who think making money is wrong, please go into your jobs tomorrow and tell them that you want to work for free.

Rumor 3 - we get paid each time our website gets a visitor

This nonsensical rumor is preposterous. I honestly don't even understand it. Are you suggesting that we send a bill to somebody who visits the website? Or are they suggesting that we have some kind of magic formula to collect money from random IP address that hits our website through a click? The entire concept is beyond ridiculous and I wouldn't even know how to set up something like that. What I do know, is how we are funded. See rumor number two about for the answer to that.

Rumor 4 - I'm not good with people

I am actually very good with people. I just don't tolerate bullshit. If somebody is going to tell me they are going to do something each and every day and they continuously don't do it, I'm going to call him out on it. If they don't like it, that doesn't mean I'm not good with people, it just means I'm honest with my communication. My biggest flaw may be that I take things personal at times it's because I have a big heart and a lot of passion for what I do. That is both a curse and a blessing depending on the circumstances. I am far from perfect however, I am actually very friendly, very good with people and have made a lot of great friends in the online recovery community. Those of you who don't like me, you probably did something wrong, did something to piss me off or you're jealous of what I've built. All of it is complete nonsense, I don't have any enemies in the recovery community. I was of you who don't like me, just don't associate with me. People either love me or hate me. Just remember, for everyone of you, there's 100 more that loves me on the work that I do. The more popular somebody becomes, the more people who end up hating them but that many more people love them. But don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this for popularity or my own glory, to save as many lives as possible. That's why I am here and that's why this website and community is here.

Rumor 5 - we are all about money

Just because we receive funding from treatment and as we recommend, doesn't make us "all about money". Just like you, I need to put food on my table and take care of my family. Am I not entitled to get paid for the work I do? As long as I'm doing it ethically? And if you are quick to judge me for getting paid for ethical and honest work, take a look in the mirror. How many times at work have you taken longe am I not entitled to get paid for the work I do? As long as I'm doing it ethically? And if you are quick to judge me for getting paid for ethical and honest work, take a look in the mirror. How many times at work have you taken longer breaks then you should have? How many smoke breaks do you take a day? How many times have you been on Facebook instead of doing your job? How much money do you think you made by doing absolutely nothing been slacking off at work? As for me, I'm busy from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed and now at 7 PM on a Friday, I am addressing the rumor mill because I've been far too busy since 6 AM working my ass off to help people in various ways.

Rumor 6 - I still do drugs

This one is classic and absolutely untrue. I don't know where this particular rumor started however, I haven't used any illicit drugs and over 14 months. I actually thought that this rumor may have started because I have been very open about being on methadone as my choice of treatment option. However I was just told that the rumor is specifically that I'm still using heroin. That's preposterous and completely unfounded. I can prove with clean urine tests that I am not on anything other than a very small dose of methadone, which I am tapering off of. At the time of this post, I am on 10 mg and tapering down 1 mg every week. Medicine assisted treatment, though often stigmatized is highly legitimate and does not produce any kind of high. You can learn more about methadone by clicking on the link.

Rumor 7 - I am ego driven

I don't know why anybody would circulate this rumor, if I was interested in promoting myself, I would have created a Facebook page that centers around my own personal name instead of "kill the heroin epidemic nationwide". Everything I do is to reach more people so that I can save more lives. I am not doing this for my own personal fame or glory. I suppose there will always be people who will accuse me of this simply because I am this community have acquired some popularity. That doesn't mean that I'm doing this for myself, it just means that we've been successful in reaching and helping the masses.

Rumor 8 - don't let me post too much in any Facebook groups or I'll take it over.

This is one of my personal favorites. Seriously, how in the world would I take over someone's Facebook group or page by posting. And what is posting "too much"? I literally post in several Facebook groups once or maybe twice a day then share educational or news related content. Some of these include personal stories of encouragement or about pekoe who need support and encouragement. I can assure you that I have no interest in taking over anybody's Facebook. I only want to help raise awareness and save lives.

Rumor 9 - I've been reporting people's accounts and videos on Facebook

Now why in the world would I want to shot peoples accounts down videos related to addiction taken off of Facebook. This particular accusation it's actually offensive. Raising awareness is what we do and I am thrilled that others are doing the same. I don't look at other organizations are people's competition, I look at them as allies spreading the word. So no, I have not reported any accounts or videos on Facebook despite rumors and innuendo.

Runor 10 - this community plagiarizes content

A few people have accused me and this community of plagiarizing content because we take articles and share them on this discussion forum. This is not considered plagiarism nor is it in violation of copyright law. People who don't understand plagiarism should seriously keep their mouth closed and shut and do their research before making ridiculous accusations.

Actual plagiarism involves taking content and pushing it off as your own by adding your name or claiming that you are the original author. This is clearly not what we are doing as every time we share an article on this forum, we post a link to the original article and no where have we added our name, claiming that we are the original author. For those of you who don't understand duplicate content and plagiarism, I strongly recommend visiting the below link.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/myths-a...icate-content/

I will close this for now but I will reopen the topic to address more rumors in the near future. But I do challenge anyone and everyone who has heard a rumor to come forward and tell me where they heard it, and if you are the rumor starter, stop hiding in the shadows and being a coward. Come forward and have a public conversation with me using your real name.

I also want to say this, I literally start my workday at 6 AM and ended when I go to sleep later at night between nine and midnight depending on the day. I am devoted and dedicated to growing in this community so that we can reach more people and save their lives. Anyone who has a problem with that I also want to say this, I literally start my workday at 6 AM and ended when I go to sleep later at night between nine and midnight depending on the day. I am devoted and dedicated to growing in this community so that we can reach more people and save their lives. I don't know why anybody would have a problem with that but for those who do, then they certainly shouldn't be in the recovery community.

Best regards,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

You are an awesome person who goes out of their way to help people on a daily basis. I cannot comprehend how someone can try to start rumors and nonsense when we are working to try to save lives. It's unfortunate but even though people get clean, they constantly display character defects that they refuse to work on. I love the saying "you may be clean but your still living dirty." Keep up the great work William, haters are going to hate regardless. I have spoken to you via phone and through messages and our conversations have been about helping others, making it a mission to find the best treatment centers so people can get quality care while in treatment and educating others about this horrible disease. There is nothing selfish about that at all. You have invested your OWN money and time towards helping others. The way I see it is the people starting all of this are lacking something in their own lives so they want to try to bring someone else down. Thats not what recovery is about, it is about supporting and encouraging others in recovery, and if they are jealous of the popularity of the site, shame on them because it is helping others. It is not a popularity contest, so maybe that is something they are craving so they want to make false statements in order to direct attention to them. I find it really sad, and hope that these people can find peace in their lives.

Comment

• Elizabeth Moldovan
      Elizabeth Moldovan commented
      Editing a comment
      Just read this. Can i just say how good you and your team are at helping, informing, educating and working so hard to make a difference. I have learnt so much since i joined 6 months ago and i honestly believe if there had been something like this forum around when i was an addict then my path my have been a bit easier. You all write very well and are doing a great job.
      If it had of been me i would just ignorethe accusers naysayers and detractors. When you are doing good you never ever have to defend yourself.
      P.s. i may have to change my fb page name now, ha ha just kidding 'ego' 😊

Thank you Megan, I really appreciate your encouragement especially when there is clearly some kind of bizarre behavior going on in the online recovery community, including a hacker who are being fed false and misleading and information, blatant lies and are making libelous and defamatory statements.

What bothers me about the anonymous program work room for whatever they want to be called is that they conveniently hide and masquerade as individuals that they are not and make all kinds of threatening statements as if there some kind of Gestapo conspiracists. I assume they are too frightened to use their real name because they are likely criminals running from the law. Hacking by the way, is an Internet crime and those responsible for targeting and hacking other peoples accounts should be behind bars for many years.

All that to say, there are some bizarre people making up these are lies and rumors about many good people and organizations, including ours. And those people should really be ashamed of themselves.

Peace and love

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
    X