Tramadol Experiences - Getting High, Dangers and More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tramadol Experiences - Getting High, Dangers and More

Tramadol is a weaker, synthetic opioid that when abused, can get you high similar to how heroin or morphine gets you high. It is a schedule IV class drug which means that it congaind medical value with minimal potential for abuse. However, some have reported tramadol as one of the most dangerous drugs in the world. Is this true? On the other hand, some have reported that tramadol can be a legitimate medicine assisted treatment option to help individuals get off stronger opioids such as oxycodone, heroin or even fentanyl. But how can these two contradicting concepts be true? Or is one or both a complete lie?

From my reading, the effects of tramadol vary depending on the individual. While some may experience feelings of euphoria as low as 50 to 100 mg, others may not experience them at all. In fact, because it has been classified as low potential for abuse, addiction and dependency, it seems that the majority of individuals did not experience feelings of euphoria strong enough to create addiction or dependence. However, unlike other opioid painkillers, tramadol comes with a severe potential side effect of seizures, which has been reported even by men and women suffering from heroin addiction as scary and dangerous.

Tramadol’s primary purpose is to relieve pain and is prescribed both to humans and animals by doctors and veterinarians when appropriate. People who use tramadol recreationally typically crush the pill and snort it to deliver a quicker and better feeling of elation, bypassing the liver and going straight into the bloodstream. From the bloodstream, it enters the heart and eventually, into the brain binding to opioid receptors.

Because tramadol is a weaker, synthetic opioid, it has been said that it can potentially help alleviate withdrawal symptoms from stronger opioids such as oxycodone, heroin and fentanyl. Tramadol works similar to methadone and Suboxone in that it attaches to opioid receptors and as a result, minimize his withdrawal. However, since addiction and dependency is possible with tramadol, using tramadol as a heroin addiction treatment option may result in a difficulty quitting using tramadol. However, due to the principles of harm reduction, many believe tramadol may be worthwhile to try for those who have had problems quitting cold turkey and/or without any medical treatment intervention.

So what are your thoughts? Is Tramadol a viable heroin treatment option or is it just too dangerous?

Best wishes,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Tramadol abuse cases can be complicated to deal with. The Tramadol detox option is never a solution because all over the sudden the body of the patient may react negatively. Hence, you will need some slow form of treatment. These are just some of the measures, which you need to take, once your patient suffering from drug abuse has left the rehab centre and is ready to face the real world. Just implementing some of these measures will make sure that the time spent at the rehab centre will not go down in waste.
    Heroin Addiction is not discriminatory and can affect anyone and everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, weight, height, etc. This community provides support from real recovering addicts and experts and recommends the best treatments to help heroin addicts conquer their drug addiction.

Comment

Pamela,

Thanks for your response however, this forum is not a venue for free promotion. If you’d like to become a recommended paying sponsor please contact me via email at help@kthen.org.

Edit: looking back I see that you’ve been told about this multiple times and you seem to continue trying to get a free link back to your treatment center website. That’s not going to happen. We value your participation however, one more attempt at free promotion and we will have to suspend your posting privileges. Again if you wish to be able to link to your treatment center website we can discuss the possibility of your center becoming a recommended sponsor.

Best wishes,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
      X