Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Clonazepam the Same Thing as Klonopin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Clonazepam the Same Thing as Klonopin?

Is Clonzepam also called Klonopin?

Shayzilla,

Because of the importance of the topic, I have gone ahead and moved your question into a new topic, in the Benzodiazepine discussion forum. To answer your question, yes, Clonazepam is the same thing as Klonopin.

Clonazepam (Klonopin) is classified as a benzodiazepine and affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced, producing anxiety. Thus Clonazepam or Klonopin is often used as an anxiety medication. to treat seizure disorders and panic attacks. In doing a brief search, this is the info I found (link below)

---- Clonazepam 0.5 mg-PUR

round, pink, imprinted with R33

-----

What are the possible side effects of clonazepam (Klonopin)?

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, or if you feel agitated, irritable, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

•confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
    •weak or shallow breathing;
    •unusual risk-taking behavior, no fear of danger;
    •unusual or involuntary eye movements;
    •pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
    •painful or difficult urination, urinating less than usual;
    •pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
    •new or worsening seizures.

Less serious side effects may include:

•drowsiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or memory;
    •tired feeling, muscle weakness, loss of balance or coordination;
    •slurred speech, drooling or dry mouth, sore gums;
    •runny or stuffy nose;
    •loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, constipation;
    •blurred vision;
    •headache;
    •sleep problems (insomnia);
    •skin rash; or
    •weight changes.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

----

What is the most important information I should know about clonazepam (Klonopin)?

You should not use this medication if you have severe liver disease, of if you are allergic to clonazepam or to other benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), or oxazepam (Serax).

Clonazepam may cause harm to an unborn baby, and may cause breathing or feeding problems in a newborn. But having seizures during pregnancy could harm both mother and baby. Do not start or stop taking clonazepam during pregnancy without medical advice.

You may have thoughts about suicide while taking this medication. Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits. Do not miss any scheduled appointments. Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, or if you feel agitated, irritable, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Before you take clonazepam, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, any breathing problems, or a history of depression, suicidal thoughts, or addiction to drugs or alcohol.

Do not drink alcohol while taking clonazepam. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol.

Clonazepam may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.

Source

http://www.rxlist.com/klonopin-drug/...de-effects.htm
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Yup same thing. Stay away from pills but it's ok to water the plants 😎🍀😎

Comment

Clonazepam is just the generic form of Kolonopin. The same thing

Comment

A Better Me,

Thanks for adding to the topic :-).

Peace and Love,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
          X