Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania first state to OK medical marijuana to treat patients addicted to opioids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania first state to OK medical marijuana to treat patients addicted to opioids

In another forum topic, I mentioned how an individual on Facebook stated that medical marijuana has been approved as a treatment for opioid addiction as of May 31, 2018. So it turns out that it’s true! Below is the article. What are your thoughts?

ARTICLE

May 15, 2018

Pennsylvania first state to OK medical marijuana to treat patients addicted to opioids

The Dept. of Health approved this new measure on Monday

The Pennsylvania Department of Health approved temporary changes to the state's medical marijuana program on Monday that will add addiction to the list of qualifying conditions.

This new measure would allow people in recovery to apply for the program, which allows marijuana use for a treatment of a serious medical condition, as defined by the state's Medical Marijuana Law.

The Pennsylvania Department of Health approved temporary changes to the state's medical marijuana program on Monday that will add addiction to the list of qualifying conditions.

This new measure would allow people in recovery to apply for the program, which allows marijuana use for a treatment of a serious medical condition, as defined by the state's Medical Marijuana Law.

The universities include:

• Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
    • Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Philadelphia
    • Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey
    • Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
    • Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
    • University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh
    • Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), Erie
    • Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia

“The research component of Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program sets it apart from the rest of the nation,” Gov. Tom Wolf said. “Today, medical research is so limited by the federal government that only a few doctors can even have access to medical marijuana. Pennsylvania’s premiere medical schools will be able to help shape the future of treatment for patients who are in desperate need not just here, but across the country.”
    Doctors in Pennsylvania can prescribe medical marijuana to treat addiction, including opioid addiction, following temporary changes approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to the list of qualifying conditions treatable by marijuana.
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
X