Recovery Tattoos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Tattoos!

In recovery I found a new obsession....tattoos! I just find it to be threaputic. So far I have gotten two that are related to my addiction/recovery. The first one I got is on my chest, and is from an Alice in Chains song. It says "Heaven Beside you, Hell within" The reason I chose that is because I feel it is a perfect anology for heroin addiction. When high on heroin, I often described it as feeling like heaven...I felt calm, peaceful and all my problems went away. That feeling is only temporary..a false sense of peace and hapiness. Deep inside I felt like I was trapped in hell. I think it is a beautiful lyric and a reminder to me that heroin addiction is a place I never want to visit again. Another tattoo I got recently as you can see below is a lioness with a crown. I had some ugly scars from using needles, and wanted to try to cover some up. The meaning behind this one is that I am strong, a fighter and will not give up. Any other tattoo lovers out there? I'd like to see some of your tattoos, even if they aren't related to addicition or recovery.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Deftones89; 12-22-2016, 11:48 AM.

This is an awesome post and I love your tattoo, also that's one of my favorite songs I don't know how to post pictures on here but I have "Cold World" tattooed on my chest and "soldier" on the back of my neck, I have a few others but those are my addiction and recovery related ones.
    I am the Editor and Forum Co-Moderator for Kill The Heroin Epidemic Nationwide and Heroin News.

All opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide. I am not a medical professional and nothing I say should constitute or replace medical advice provided by a professional.

Comment

Hey Deftones,

Looks like you're trying to copy me and my tattoo . Just kidding. But I see you have an affinity for lions just like I do. Take a look below! To me, the below tattoo resembles quiet strength. I chose a lion in it's peaceful form rather than angry because a lion can be both beauty and strength. A lion also resembles my faith as Jesus was also referred to as a lion. I'd like to see some other tattoos as well :-)

That picture was taken a little white ago. I'll have to see if I can find another picture with just my tattoo somewhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lion.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	6453

Peace and Love,

William

Attached Files
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Nice!! And yep copied your tattoo haha, but lions are awesome! I also love great white sharks and wanted to get one as a tattoo and my mom freaked out and was like "if you have kids someday that is going to scare them!!"😁😁

Comment

Yes, lions are awesome. I have another idea for a tattoo that involves a lion that I really like as well. I don't even care that it makes two lions on my body ha. But it's different enough than the one already there and it's on my chest so it'll be ok. Great white sharks are cool too!

Peace and Love,

William
          Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Since you can only upload 5 tattoos at a time I had to do this. Well, obviously I have more than 5. Hence the tattooed advocate. There is 2 or 3 you can't see. One is congi above Leo in my back that means daughter. Me and my mom got tats together, I got daughter and she got mother below her naval. I have a jacked up wanna be tragedy mask on my right shoulder. Then the proverbial tramp stamp. It is small. I hate it. It is from one semester at Southwest Missouri State (now Missouri State) in 2002.

By the way lion people...just remember who the Leo of the group is....just saying.

But my right arm is my recovery arm. Reign is on my right wrist, a reminder to never cut again. Love without fear, trust without question, need without demand, want without restriction, and desire without inhibition is the quote. That was after almost a year separated from my ex husband. The lotus is on my right shoulder and I adore the embodiment of it. I want to get a Phoenix on my right shoulder blade and have it wrap around the back of the lotus on my upper arm. I am getting Harley Quinn on my left outer forearm as soon as I can afford it. I am really hoping to get the heroin. Awaresness ribbon on the inset of my right elbow for my 1 year since I never used needles. The female sugar skull started because my ex and his brother have them on their throat and the sisters have them somewhere and I planned on being with him for life. Now it is a sort of rebirth. It embodies who I was and when done will integrate who I've become. I have so many more but I have time.

Comment

Your tattoos look great Sarah, I really want to get another tattoo on my chest but simply put, I just haven't been able to dedicate the time and money to it. As you know, Tattoos can be expensive and the one I want to get is pretty extensive. I was going to get it almost a year ago but held off due to time and money. And at Christmas time, I have neither right now lol.

Peace and Love,

Wiliam

Comment

William -

​You're gonna hate me but I have never paid more that $100 for a tattoo. I have too many friends that are tattoo artists. I am actually trying to get a tattoo party together. See, more the reason to take a trip to St. Louis lol

Stay Amazing
                Sarah

Comment

Sarah,
                  I love all of your tattoos!! You look awesome👍💖

Comment

Deftones - THANK YOU SO MUCH! It has been a battle of 34 years but I can FINALLY SAY I am comfy for the most part in my skin. Attached are a couple photos lol enjoy them

Comment

You look GREAT!!! I love the dark hair color on you, it looks awesome. Are you naturally blonde?

Comment

To be honest - I have no idea anymore LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deftones89 View Post
                          In recovery I found a new obsession....tattoos! I just find it to be threaputic. So far I have gotten two that are related to my addiction/recovery. The first one I got is on my chest, and is from an Alice in Chains song. It says "Heaven Beside you, Hell within" The reason I chose that is because I feel it is a perfect anology for heroin addiction. When high on heroin, I often described it as feeling like heaven...I felt calm, peaceful and all my problems went away. That feeling is only temporary..a false sense of peace and hapiness. Deep inside I felt like I was trapped in hell. I think it is a beautiful lyric and a reminder to me that heroin addiction is a place I never want to visit again. Another tattoo I got recently as you can see below is a lioness with a crown. I had some ugly scars from using needles, and wanted to try to cover some up. The meaning behind this one is that I am strong, a fighter and will not give up. Any other tattoo lovers out there? I'd like to see some of your tattoos, even if they aren't related to addicition or recovery.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_1065_1482425023492_490[/ATTACH]

That's cool design and I love the meaning. It will remind you always that you are a fighter.

Comment

Deftones89 never got any tatoos to be honest had two staff infections and am very nervous about that happening again love you're taste in music though and I think its a shame layne stayley as so many others left us too early

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
                            X