Methadone Withdrawal Cold Turkey 90mg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methadone Withdrawal Cold Turkey 90mg

Methadones half life is 48-72 hours. So I could dose and feel fine without dosing the next day. I was on 90mg of methadone & quit cold turkey. My intake date was 3/2015 & I quit the clinic 5/2016. I was stable on 90mg's. I didn't feel the withdrawal symptoms untill my 3rd day. I had detox medicine. Clonodine for blood pressure, Cymbalta for depression, Baclofen for muscle spasms, Trazadone a muscle relaxer & Naproxen. As I was saying my third day my muscles started feeling tight, the diahrrhea started as well as the nausea. My body Temperature was up & down. The cold & hot flashes. It would be 85 degrees outside but I would have Goosebumps all over. My hands was clamy. It got worse from there but I coached myself, told myself it wont last forever. My 9th day my arms felt like somebody was taking a flame up & down my arm as well as a bristled brush as just brushing my arm with it. I got restless legs as well. I started noticing it got WORSE when I took the muscle relaxers so I threw them away. When your detoxing its like your body reaches an elevated pain level & it just stays there. It decreases as the days go on. When your having restless arm & legs its just your nerves going crazy. Its good to know what your body is doing when it does it so you don't panic. The Methadone sometimes constipates you so of course the diarrhea is just releasing the toxins as you were bound up. The 10th, 11th & 12th day were the worst. Thats when you can't sleep, eat, no energy but again, its temporary. When you detox you have to think the pain you feel is making you stronger. Your literally shedding a New Skin, A NEW YOU! I'm not trying to discourage nobody, just being honest. The 14th day I woke up from an hour sleep in days & the pain was gone. Your body temp, diarrhea,nausea slowly goes away & elevates back to normal. You get your appetite back as well as your natural energy. Slowly but surely. You can do it just know that the symptoms are temporary! I really hope this helps you! Xoxoxo- Jess

Sorry I dont know what happened with this post repeating itself in the beginning. Wish I could edit this 😞

Comment

Jess,

Thanks for sharing your experience, that must've been really difficult to go through. I guess I wonder why you didn't just taper down although I know you said you were sick of using methadone since you been on it before and also on Vivitrol. But I think this is an excellent description to show people why it's better to taper and not simply go cold turkey if you can avoid it. Don't get me wrong, I admire the fact that you were able to go through it and succeed without using. That must've been a very difficult feat. I personally wouldn't recommend that anybody go through this unless they absolutely have to because it sounds like going through this would be worse than going through here in withdrawal since the worst part is usually 24 to 72 hours rather than 20+ days.

By the way, I was able to edit the duplicate text out for you. In the future, all you have to do is click the edit button and you will be able to do that.

Peace and love,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

• Jess1985
        Jess1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was tired of jumping through thier hoops, the 15.00 a day that equaled up to 450 a month & My counselors kept quitting. It was just all too crazy for me & they kept telling me I wasn't ready to taper down so I just quit.

You've been through a lot. Methadone is the hardest drug ever to come off from. When I was on it I got incarcerated and detoxed cold turkey and told myself I would never go Through it again. I currently take Suboxone and I know the withdrawal is nothing like methadone. Well be good to your self and good luck on your sobriety.

Comment

• Jess1985
        Jess1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Yes it was very hard but I feel as if I needed to feel that pain to say I'm done! I've been on Methadone, Vivatrol & subutex & I agree suboxone & subutex are nothing to detox off of compared to Methadone! Good Luck to you too!!!!

Jess,

I agree that the cost can become daunting after awhile. $450 a month is a lot, it's about the cost of a decent car payment. The way I look at it however, is that I was paying about 1.5X a pretty extensive mortgage every month for heroin so if I can commit to that, I can commit to $450 for treatment. That said, not everyone can afford that and I do believe more programs should be available to people who need genuine help.

Keep up the great work!

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

I totally agree!!!! The clinic saves lives! I just don't agree with how they deny ppl their medication if they don't have money. Its like denying a diabetic Insulin. They depend on the medicine. But hopefully that changes somewhere along the line!

Comment

• Ljech86
          Ljech86 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree I am currently on the program and I'm very lucky that where I am medicaid pays for it I don't have to pay a dime. I'm on 140mg and ive been on the Program since April 23,2014.
          Every month I'm always scared something will happen with my insurance and I won't be able to pay for my dose....
          With this presidential election I'm soooo unbelievably nervous that whoever gets elected is going to take away my insurance cuz without obamacare I wouldn't quality for medicaid and without that I wouldn't have the program and I would still be using.... IM so grateful for the methadone program cuz it has saved my life as well.... so many people are against it and I give anyone major props that can kick without anything and the reason my husband and I started using heroin is cuz he was getting methadone pills from his Dr. Well he would give me some everyday well after years of having them the dr kicked him off without any taper out anything we couldn't get any help from the clinic right away cuz there was a 12 month waiting list well like you said kicking methadone REALLY f'ing sucks I've never felt pain like I've felt when we tried to just stick it out well we tried to find pills, couldn't find any so cuz we were soooo sick we got some brown and that was it that first shot is all it took....
          Anyways, good luck to you and just so ya know you totally rock!

So what does suboxone withdrawal look like. Is it as bad?

Comment

Wow, congratulations!!! I am currently on 95mg's and find your post very inspirational and also informational because different opiates have very different dt symptoms, especially in length and intensity. Suboxone isn't as intense, but it just goes on and on and on... I've been on methadone for 15 years (!!!sad!!)... I switched to suboxone for two years and tried to quit... I was clean for eight-nine weeks which was just long enough for the goosebumps, shivers and coldsweats to stop and then I relapsed and, eventually, found my way back to the clinic. I have two daughters, a hubby and a job and I don't use anything else than the methadone. I sometimes wonder if I will be on this for the rest of my life! It is very encouraging to hear you went through the withdrawal and survived!! Good luck to you and do not repeat my mistake of thinking "it's been over two months, I'll take one of these pills, I'll never go back to using daily after that horrible 8weeks in withdrawal!" Omg, I so regret doing that!! Wishing you all the best and congratulations and thanks so much for sharing!!

Comment

Your very welcome!!! After going through that its something I don't want to go through again. I think of that pain & nothing is worth putting myself through it again. I've been working hard in my recovery & helping others!! Thats how I stay ahead!!!! Thank you for your support!!!

Comment

Lfa1975, when you say suboxone goes in and on what do you mean? And you have been in methadone for 25 years. Are you planning on coming off? Or are you already off? I'm confused.

Comment

Where've you been Jess?

Comment

Hence, there are plenty of factors at work here and we would like to say that Methadone intake causes havoc to your body systems. You need to avoid it and just in case you are taking it, just make sure that it does not reach addiction stage.The key will be to stay alert for symptoms of your intake reaching addiction stage. You just might have a pale skin tone, grasping for breathe or even have to deal with low BP. These are signs that all is not fine and in such a scenario you certainly need to take professional help to get cure from heroin intake menace.
                  You can read the most energetic blog on drug rehab I found over Google
                  Also share your problem and get good help by professionals
                  and one very good article on Неrоіn Withdrawal
                  A groundbreaking report calls substance abuse one of America's most pressing problems. Heroin News provides breaking news on the nation's heroin epidemic.

Comment

PamelaParker,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum. While I appreciate your comments, our forum is not a venue to freely promote your addiction treatment center. If you'd like to be considered by our community for recommendation and become one of our preferred providers, please contact me at help@killtheheroinepidemicnationwide.org and I'll be happy to go over the services we provide and pricing.

Best wishes,

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
                    X