No announcement yet.

3 Day Opiate Detox at MDS Drug Detox of Southfield, Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I agree with you 100%! That is whty I stated to Laura that I would not bring this person up as I honestly believe that one bad experience does not make a treatment invalid. There are always consumers of services who are unhappy and I do not want to make this an opinion piece.

All I have asked for is documntation. If she is frustrated, I have to assume it is because she can't furnish the documentation. If I worked and relied on a company for my paycheck, I would eel backed against the wall if i was asked to provide relevant documentation, that I think we all know, does not exisit.

I do not have a personal problem with Laura! I do not even know her! My problem is the complete lack of transparency. My hope is the addicts in desperation do not put all there eggs in a basket that has no proven effectiveness. (again, not my words...science's words)

While I know that people often use unconventional treatment when fighting addiction (such as reiki, massage supplements etc.), usually as a companion to other evidence-based treatment. One might argue that these also do not have scientific studies to back efficacy and that is true. The HUGE differenc is that rapid detox is a medical procedure performed under sedation by board cerified physicians. As lisenced physicians, they are responsible to use evidence-based medicine and use procedures that are the standard of care in the medical community. If they were researcher, perhaps there would be more leeway, but they are not. They are making medical, scientific claims with no medical standing and at complete odds with the American Medical Association and the individual boards that are in each individual state.

If they were advertising this as an alternative procedure with unknown success rates and risks, I wouldn't make a peep. Then people would be aware of what they are stepping into. They would be aware that they are putting themselves through an unproven, experimental and expensive procedure with unknown outcomes. It is all in the transparency. Again, this is not an attack on MDS. There are other clinics doing the exact same thing and people need to know this information.

Anyone who submits to a medical procedure should be asking these questions and should be demanding asnswers.

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
    X