Switching From Zubsolv to Suboxone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching From Zubsolv to Suboxone?

I'm currently on zubsolve, after getting switched from suboxen strips, and they help me nowhere near what the suboxone did...I've also been getting cravings on them and it worries me bc I've got alot of sobriety under my belt. I've lost my appetite, have no motivation throughout the day anymore, and nausea. He gave me Zofram for the neasea but it knocks me out. ...I guess what I'm asking, is should I talk to my doctor about putting me back on the medicine my body is used to? Or look into other treatment options?

I think like any other medication, you have to use it working for you. If Suboxone strips are working better than the Zubsolve, than I do strongly suggest speaking with your doctor about getting back on the strips. There is no reason why you should be uncomfortable when the active ingredients in both are supposed to be the same. Did you ask your physician why he switched you to begin with? It's my opinion that if something is working for you, why switch it up? In my opinion, the only reason to switch it up would be to begin tapering down but switching to something different if something else is working doesn't seem logical unless there is a reason.

Best wishes,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

What is zubsolve? Is that the dissolving pill form of suboxone?
      I am the Editor and Forum Co-Moderator for Kill The Heroin Epidemic Nationwide and Heroin News.

All opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide. I am not a medical professional and nothing I say should constitute or replace medical advice provided by a professional.

Comment

Franky,

Sorry for the very delayed response on this, but I just moved this to a new topic because I felt that people searching for this type of question would more easily find it if it had its own topic. But yes, Zubsolv is one of the pillow forms of Suboxone, I don't know it's exact chemical make up but it does contain both active ingredients buprenorphine and naloxone.

They are essentially the same thing although it seems based on the post above, that some may react differently to Zubsolv vs Suboxone. Now I don't know if this is a dose issue, maybe she took a higher dose of one and a lesser dose of the other which is why she felt Suboxone was more effective? Or if there is something different in the way it's being absorbed all its chemical make up that's causing the difference.

I'd love to hear from you original poster for an update to see if she ever switched back or what happened.

Peace and love,

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

So I just did a brief search on the difference between Zubsolv and Suboxone and this is what Google told me...

"The primary difference between Zubsolv and Suboxone is the bioavailability of each drug. ... This means that when you take Zubsolv, the percentage of the drug that has an active effect is greater than that of Suboxone. The active ingredients of both drugs include buprenorphine and naloxone." Jun 13, 2015

So interesting enough, the information being presented suggests that Zubsolv is actually more potent so I would actually think that this may be more effective. But possibly some of those issue or the fact that it was stronger may have caused a negative reaction? This is just speculation.

Comment

(promotional link removed)

Comment

Wise18,

We're glad you're here to contribute and share your knowledge and experience but we don't allow free promotion. If you are interested in being considered for recommendation and being listed and promoted on this forum and website, please contact me privately at help@kthen.org.

Best wishes,

William

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
              X