Sobriety and Clarity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sobriety and Clarity

Just wanted to comment on the "Moments of Clarity" mentioned in the Big Book.I have to say in my experience that this is a daily gift of being sober.We are able to look logically, not impulsively and situations that used to baffle us.
    Polly is the Co-Founder and the Director of Business Development for The Well Recovery Center of Huntington Beach, California.

The Well Recovery Center is recommended on Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide and is an elite member of the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers (NAATC)

PollyM,
    Great quote and thank you for sharing.
    I am the Editor and Forum Co-Moderator for Kill The Heroin Epidemic Nationwide and Heroin News.

All opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide. I am not a medical professional and nothing I say should constitute or replace medical advice provided by a professional.

Comment

Polly,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Logic and reasoning is surely tainted by our addiction, which alters the brain chemically and structurally. In recovery, as we starve our disease our brain begins to heal, restoring our brains ability for logic and reasoning. Keep up the great work!

Peace and love,

William
      Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

I agree that true inward searching takes time and a clear mental state. I think generally speaking, the teachings of NA/AA are great tools. I myself though, found that it took years and many topics being read for myself to grasp my own spirituality and contentment of self. Never be afraid to search further for more; there is so much information available I sometimes just smile.

Proud Advocate,
        Kristi

Comment

I am going through the throws of 'PAWS'.. I would like to know how people dealt with feeling like they just hated everything and everyone.. how they got along with even being annoyed with hearing their own voice.. i have only been married for about a year and a half.. i am afraid that me acting like I cant stand my own husband is going to possibly break us apart.. how do I deal with this? the self destructive behavior never ends..

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
          X