Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female with 12 years Clean Looking for a Sponsor Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female with 12 years Clean Looking for a Sponsor Help!

I have almost 12 yrs. clean and a few months ago my sponsor passed away clean. I'm struggling to become willing to find another. I still do h&i sponsor women and am actively involved in my homegroup..Any suggestions? .I've considered women with less time than me and even men with time…ugh!

ajz0,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and recovery discussion forum. While this isn't my area of expertise, I do understand the conundrum you are experiencing. I imagine you'd like to find a female sponsor with more than 12 years clean? That would probably be idea. I wouldn't personally recommend a man...not that they don't make great sponsors, but I'm a firm believer in recovery in particular that females should have female sponsors and males should have male sponsors. At 12 years clean however, I do think it's totally acceptable to consider sponsors with less clean time than you, especially because you have 12 long years. Clean-time is great and certainly a mark of exceptional work, addiction treatment and recovery, so you should be commended. That said, clean-time isn't the only mark of maturity and I'm sure there are some exceptional women who could sponsor you with less clean time.

In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get to know some women at your local Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings and when you feel one or more would make good candidates for a sponsor, ask if they would be willing. Or you could straight out ask some of the people that run meetings or even regularly attend meetings if they know of anyone who might be a good sponsor for you.

I'm sure others will chime in with their input as well.

Peace and Love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

thanx for this

Comment

Marjan,

Of course, you're welcome. How are you making out?

William
        Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
        X