Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel when getting off of Vivitrol?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel when getting off of Vivitrol?

So Vivitrol is one of those drugs with a lot of "unknowns." Many often wonder if it actually works, and what it's like once you are no longer getting it. I was on Vivitrol for 9 months and never attemtpted to use opiates while receiving the injection. I would get thoughts here and there, but nothing intense where I was on the verge of using. I also attented outpatient treatment, and worked hard on improving my lifestyle overall. Since I have been off Vivitrol, I have not felt any different. No increase in cravings..I literally feel the same as I was on it. Just wanted to share my experience and say that it was a positive one with no negative side effects. 💛Megan

Hey Megan,

I really appreciate you sharing how you've been feeling now that you are off of Vivitrol. This is exceptionally important information for a lot of people. I know that naltrexone is a very different type of medicine assisted treatment then Suboxone and methadone however, a lot of people are going to want to know how they are going to feel when they stop and if they are going to feel different, whether or not they will experience additional urges, etc.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling the same and that it was an effective treatment for you while you were using it and even now that you are not.

Very soon I will be providing an update on my experience with methadone, I will be off of it completely in 2 1/2 days. So you and I have made similar changes in our treatment plans in that we are both getting off our medicine assisted treatment around the same time.

Keep up the great recovery work!

Peace and love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
    X