Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivitrol Management ?

Hi,

I want to introduce myself and bring up a topic I didn't really see here although I'm sure it is somewhere. I was on Sub for almost a year along with other opiates and had tapered down to 2 mgs 1x per day for about 2 weeks , took 1 mg once then jumped. Today is day 24 and it's going ok. I do feel better and some days are better than others of course. I see a drug counselor once a week and they offered me Vivitrol management. Has anyone here tried that? I've been having major cravings and I'm getting triggered all the time. Thinking I may wanna take them up on that before I rip somebody's head off I don't wanna end up having withdrawal symptoms from that next. Thanks and I hope you guys are having a great day

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    http://subsucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3295&start=0
    Business video studio

Thank you.

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to our heroin addiction and support discussion forum. I appreciate you sharing your story and bringing up this question. First of all, congratulations for getting off Suboxone. I know it’s difficult to do because you have taper and it’s not always easy to cut the pill or film into smaller and evenly distributed amounts. As far as Vivitrol, I have never tried it but I have heard really good things about it. If you have been off of Suboxone for 24 days, now would be a good time to consider it. The nice part about it is that it is a monthly injection that helps with cravings but does not come with the dependency and withdraw that methadone and Suboxone possess.
    One of our previous members, I haven’t seen her for a while, used to take Vivitrol she was very content with it. I know she told me she had no cravings and felt perfectly normal. That said, I have heard from some that they still had craving this although, not as many as if they weren’t on Vivitrol.

Alternately, it is up to you and your doctor to decide whether or not you feel naltrexone is a good treatment option for you however, if you feel that the cravings you are having for heroin or other opioids are too strong, I think it would be a good idea to seriously consider.

Peace and love,

William
    Publisher of Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide™, Heroin News and the National Alliance of Addiction Treatment Centers.

Find a Prescreened Addiction Treatment Center & Drug Rehab Facility

Visit our Heroin Addiction & Recovery Blog for daily articles.

I do my best to educate myself regarding addiction and recovery related issue, treatment options, etc. however, I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and any advice you take from me is at your own risk and discretion

Comment

Kill the Heroin Epidemic Nationwide

We are a community of recovering heroin addicts providing support and recommending the best treatments and clinics to people interested in conquering their addiction.

Conquering Heroin Addiction

"Behind every addiction there is a family that is suffering. Remembering those who have lost their battle with addiction and those who are still suffering."

Newsletter

©2016 Modern Image, LLC

Working...
    X